CIS Waste Water - Continuous improvement strategy for increasing the efficiency of wastewaters treatment facilities in the Black Sea coastal states
Duration: 1/1/2014 - 31/12/2015
Overall objective is to achieve stronger regional partnership and cooperation to realize significant improvements of the wastewater treatment facilities management in the Black Sea coastal states.
1. Cooperation between Black Sea (BS) partner regions to improve the management of the wastewater treatment facilities;
2.Increase the performance of wastewater treatment facilities through a new continuous improvement strategy (CIS) model development;
3.Acquisition of desired competences for the personnel involved in BS wastewater management;
4.Enable WWTF managers and BS regions decision makers to manage more effectively and respond to trends more quickly;
5.Coordination of the technical, administrative and financial activities of the joint Action.
Regional operators, municipalities, wastewater plant managers, universities, R&D institutes and NGOs participating at the CIS training courses, local authorities.
*Expert knowledge on the situation of wastewater management and sustainable development increased in the Black Sea region;
*New concept developed to improve the management of wastewaters treatment facilities in 6 countries with direct access to the Black Sea or clearly integrated to the BS Basin.
*Wastewater management improving by training of 18 specialists able to develop the same concept in the wastewater treatment facilities (WWTF) in 6 participating countries
*WWTF performance increasing by implementing the CIS concept in Romania, Region of South-East and in Greece, Anatoliki Makedonia –Thraki Region.
*Access of public and private entities from the Black Sea area to information about the new wastewater management concept by promoting the project on the websites of 7 partners.
*A well managed joint Action reaching its objectives, without serious conflict between the partners, without irregularities and with smooth reporting to the programme.
* National Research &Development Institute for Gas Turbines COMOTI (INCDT COMOTI), ROMANIA, headquarter in Bucharest
* SC RAJA SA Constanta, ROMANIA, NUTS II Region of South-East
* Black Sea Centre of Excellence (BSCE), BULGARIA, Severoiztochen
* European Regional Framework for Co-operation (ERFC), GR, East Makedonia –Thraki
* Yerevan State University (YSU), ARMENIA
* State University of Moldova (SUM), REPUBLIC OF MOLDOVA
* International Centre for Social Research and Policy Analysis (ICSRPA), GEORGIA
RD Hydraulis Ltd task in project